Hi! Good to see you!
Well Easter is on it’s way, and our Easter Mystery Boxes are so popular we thought we would bring you some more tutorials with ideas on what to do with them! The upcoming holidays not only mean some lovely food, and of course chocolate, but time off with the children, so we thought you may like a fun project to do with them, or even create an Easter party, or egg hunt with. These files can be used with your HTV , Self adhesive, and even card, Sublimation, or embroidery. Play with the sizing to create even more possibilities.
Both samples for this blog are shown in the videos below, so we have also given you 2 shopping lists so you can make the HTV or the Self Adhesive version, and have also offered you tips along the way. Any of our vinyl can be used, with any of our cutting machines, and instructions for all of them are below, Silhouette and Brother are at the end too.
We would love to see what you make! Have you found our You Tube channel yet? The video showing this and all of our other tutorials are available on there, as well as exclusive demos, inspiration and more! Join us on Facebook , Instagram or Tiktok or send us an email to [email protected] we would love to hear from you!
As always you are free to use our files to make, create, and even make items to sell, all we ask is you don’t pass the files on, instead if you wish to share them, please ask your friend or acquaintance, to download them from our website themselves from within this blog. No reselling or passing on, of any part of the cut file is permitted, and no using the cut files to create other files to sell or pass on is allowed. But do enjoy them, and we hope your makes earn you a little with them too.
The first video below shows you how to use this with self adhesive.
The second video below shows you this file being used during our Facebook live to layer our Eco HTV
What you’ll need:
- Cricut maker . Available Here
- Or Silhouette Cameo 4. Available Here (Instructions for the cameo and Brother machines at the bottom!)
- Both the samples in this blog were made using our Easter Mystery HTV box Available here
- or buy the vinyl separately below
- LED weeding pad. Available Here
- Squeegee. Available Here
- Weeding tweezers . Or Weeding hook. Available Here
- Cut files Download link below, for all machines, Silhouette and Brother instructions are at the bottom of the page.
PLUS WHAT YOU NEED FOR THE SELF ADHESIVE PROJECT:
- App Tape found by clicking here
- Fantasy Self adhesive vinyl found by clicking here
- Pastel Self adhesive Vinyl found by clicking here
- Black Matt Self adhesive Vinyl found by clicking here
- Tray, Lunchbox, Flask etc of your choice.
- Rubbing alcohol and lint free cloth found here
PLUS WHAT YOU NEED FOR THE HTV PROJECT:
- Eco HTV found by clicking here
- Tote bag, T-shirt or bunny etc of your choice.
- Silicone Paper, this is like the baking paper you can buy in the supermarket on a roll for the kitchen- DO NOT USE TEFLON
- Cricut Easypress and Easypress Mat Here
1. Before you start you will need to download the cut files for your chosen machine, link above. Unzip the file to use it by right clicking it in your downloads. There is now 1 File for Cricut- 1 for Silhouette and 1 for Brother.
2. Upload the SVG into the design space. Click “Upload Image” on the left-hand Design Panel, and navigate to the files you want to open. Select ‘Insert image’ and select image type ‘simple’ when prompted. Next you’ll be asked to delete any space that does not get cut, you can skip this part by pressing ‘continue’. When asked if they’re print-then-cut images or just cut images, select cut images. Click save. When it has been uploaded, Insert the images onto the canvas and resize to suit your project, I Recolour each part differently, as shown below, so I can cut the different Vinyl for each layer, which means I don’t have to keep returning to the design page, see below. Once you are happy with your images, click WELD for any areas you want cut as they are laid out, so that when they go onto the next screen they don’t bunch up, then click make it to move on to the next screen. On the next screen, If using the Cricut Maker 3 then you will need to choose to cut on the mat (unless using smart media) PLEASE BE AWARE WE HAVE PROVIDED YOU WITH BUNNY EARS AND FEET- SO YOU CAN EITHER SPACE THEM OUT OR USE BOTH TO SAVE VINYL, AS WELL AS 2 DIFFERENT EGG CHOICE- 3 SEPERATE EGGS OR ALL 3 EGGS AS ONE IMAGE.
3. When on the next screen above, if using HTV only ensure you MIRROR the wording. If using self adhesive DO NOT mirror. Click continue in the bottom right on the next screen. In the next window make sure your settings are all set to the successful settings from your test cut and ensure your machine is linked before proceeding to cut. Cut settings: (**please test cut) Press the flashing Cricut symbol on your maker to cut, after loading the sheet into the machine. Apply the settings needed for your chosen Vinyl, we made it with our GM Pastel and Matt self adhesive on the maker 3, and used the Premium Vinyl on setting on the Cricut maker 3 with LESS pressure. For the Fantasy Vinyl we used the Sparkle Holographic on default.
If using HTV the settings for the ECO we used were everyday iron on , default.
**A reminder that these settings, including the blade setting, are specific to the materials and machine we’re using, adjustments may be necessary if using different materials and machine**
We always recommend before proceeding, you test cut your materials when first using so if you have not recently used this product in your machine. Please test cut for your chosen machine found on our Application guide, and also Blog. Load the Vinyl chosen individually for each layer.
4. Next you need to load your mat with material on. I used the Cut setting Premium Vinyl , Pressure setting-Less. Please remember to test cut if you have not used this vinyl. Again proceed to make it. Remember to do this step for all your colours. Remember to change the setting for the Fantasy.
Top tip flex the mat and vinyl away from each other, to make removing easier.
5. Proceed to trim the excess uncut areas away from all 5 colours of the Vinyl (you can save these scraps to use on other projects), before proceeding to weed all the unwanted vinyl.
6. Next get some of the reusable Application tape, trim enough for the largest layer, lay the first layer face up on the table, over with the app tape Sticky side face down. Smooth with your hand, before turning over and rubbing with the squeegee to transfer it to the app tape, remove the backing.
7. Next take some pure rubbing alcohol and a lint free cloth, rub this over the hard surface and let it dry before proceeding to apply the self adhesive vinyl.
8. Once dry, take the first layer, and lay it in the correct position on the tray (or the item you have chosen) before rubbing firmly with your squeegee to apply. Remove the app tape by carefully peeling backwards on it self see below.
9. Next move onto the next inner ears and feet layer, using the same piece of app tape following step 8 above, then the leaves of the crown, followed by the eggs and lastly the face.
REMEMBER THAT YOU CAN USE HTV OR SELF ADHESIVE. FOR LAYERING ADVICE FOR HTV SEE THIS BLOG BY CLICKING HERE. SEE BELOW FOR BROTHER AND SILHOUETTE INSTRUCTIONS.
Silhouette Cut File
Before you start, you need to download the cut file, Upload the cut file into Silhouette Studio, click the file and choose release compound path to separate each layer, and resize or regroup as necessary, (when resizing bring all layers into the design software and select all at once to get the correct offset layers and save the adjusted file, so you can cut layers individually at that correct scale you have chosen) Remember to test cut if necessary and cut settings are found here along with test cut guidelines for every machine.
Brother Cut File
To import these files into the Brother Canvas Workspace:
After downloading, please log in as usual to your design space account, open a new project mat, then left click on the SVG icon in the top left bar in canvas, this will then allow you to import your files. Once you left click this icon, a pop up box appears with you to choose where to import file from, choose to import the file from your downloads list or where you have chosen to save when unzipped. ENSURE YOU GROUP FILES BEFORE RESIZING OR MOVING- FOR EXAMPLE THE BUNNY EARS.
Cut settings are found here
Just incase you need the link CanvasWorkspace (brother.com)