It’s great to see you and welcome to a new blog, and free cut file! this week, we are thinking about the good times, bringing some colour, sparkle and fun into your makes. We thought we would bring a twist to the word Martini, with the phrase, good time guaranteed. Obviously you could use these files differently, we ourselves created a different design with these sing Oracal 638 Wall Art Vinyl, see the second video below using this! And it goes without saying- you could add your own phrase, use a different vinyl, make it out of self adhesive and decorate your outdoor bar area with it, even cut it from card, the choice is yours.
As always you are free to use our files to make, create, and even make items to sell, all we ask is you don’t pass the files on, instead if you wish to share them, please ask your friend or acquaintance, to download them from our website themselves from within this blog. No reselling or passing on, of any part of the cut file is permitted, and no using the cut files to create other files to sell or pass on is allowed. But do enjoy them, and we hope your makes earn you a little with them too.
We would love to see what you make! Have you found our youtube channel yet? The video showing this and all of our other tutorials are available on there, as well as exclusive demos, inspiration and more! Join us on Facebook , Instagram or Tiktok or send us an email to [email protected] we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll need:
- Cricut machine here OR. Silhouette Cameo 4. Available here
- Cricut Easypress and Easypress Mat here
- GMCrafts LED light panel here
- GM Pearlshine HTV here
- Weeding tweezers . Available here
- Squeegee. Available here
- Scissors from your own stash and a plain t-shirt or tote bag etc of your choice.
- Silicone Paper, this is like the baking paper you can buy in the supermarket on a roll for the kitchen- DO NOT USE TEFLON
- Cut files, which are free below! Including, Cricut, Silhouette and Brother cut files
1. Before you start you will need to download the cut files for your chosen machine, link above. Unzip the file to use it by right clicking it in your downloads.
2. Upload each PNG into the design space. Click “Upload Image” on the left-hand Design Panel, and navigate to the files you want to open. Select ‘Insert image’ and select image type ‘simple’ when prompted. Next you’ll be asked to delete any space that does not get cut, you can skip this part by pressing ‘continue’. When asked if they’re print-then-cut images or just cut images, select cut images. Click save. When it has been uploaded, Insert the images onto the canvas and resize to suit your project, I Recolour each one differently, so I can cut the different Vinyl for each layer, which means I don’t have to keep returning to the design page, see below, then click make it to move on to the next screen. On the next screen, If using the Cricut Maker 3 then you will need to choose to cut on the mat (unless using smart media) PLEASE BE AWARE WE HAVE PROVIDED YOU WITH 2 WORD CUT FILES TO CHOOSE FROM.
3. When on the next screen above, ensure you MIRROR the wording. Click continue in the bottom right on the next screen. In the next window make sure your settings are all set to the successful settings from your test cut and ensure your machine is linked before proceeding to cut. Cut settings: (**please test cut) Press the flashing Cricut symbol on your maker to cut, after loading the sheet into the machine. Apply the settings needed for your chosen Vinyl, we made it with our GM PEARLSHINE HTV on the maker 3, and used the Everyday Iron on setting on the Cricut maker 3 with More pressure.
**A reminder that these settings, including the blade setting, are specific to the materials and machine we’re using, adjustments may be necessary if using different materials and machine**
We always recommend before proceeding, you test cut your materials when first using so if you have not recently used this product in your machine. Please test cut for your chosen machine found on our Application guide, and also Blog. Load the Vinyl chosen individually for each layer.
4. Place the Vinyl for the First layer you are cutting on the mat, remember to mirror the wording. Press the up arrow to load the mat, and press the flashing light to proceed to cut on the machine. Once cut repeat to cut with the remaining 5 different layers.
5. Once all 6 colours are cut, switch on your LED pad and remove the waste Vinyl surrounding the designs (weeding) I use a pair of weeding tweezers to do this as shown below.
6. Switch your Easy press on, and set the temperature to 150’c and the timer to 10 seconds, (Please note settings for this when pressing a single layer only are Pressing Temperature: 140°C – 150°C Pressing Time: 15 seconds Hot / Warm Peel Suitable for cotton, polyester and blends.) For other Vinyl please refer to our Application guide, When Layering it is important to reduce the layering times so not to over heat the vinyl.
7. Place the easy press Mat under the T-shirt, bag etc and preheat once the press is ready for 10 seconds to remove any moisture.
9. Lay the design already on the transfer tape in the correct place facing up, and ensure it is on a hard surface, or Cricut Easy press matt and on a hard surface, check our guide click here for more information on applying and using HTV successfully. Press each area once only for 10 seconds firmly using your upper body weight over the press. Because we are Layering, we have not used the full press time, and we will leave the transfer sheet to go cooler before removing, if any areas lift once doing this- repress for a few more seconds- please notes from above ensure the collars and seams are off the pressing mat so not to interfere with the pressure needed.
FIRST WE LAYER THE LIPS
THEN WE PLACED THE OLIVE UNDER THE GLASS TO GET IT IN THE CORRECT PLACE, BEFORE PRESSING THE OLIVE, THEN THE COCKTAIL STICK. Ensure you protect your design as shown with the silicone paper. (If need be use Baking paper for this)
THEN THE GLASS IS LAYERED, Ensure you protect your design as shown with the silicone paper. (If need be use Baking paper for this)
THN LASTLY THE LEMON AND THE WORDING, AGAIN Ensure you protect your design as shown with the silicone paper. (If need be use Baking paper for this)
10. If after removing the sheet the bag or design is looking a bit untidy then recover with a sheet of Silicone Paper or baking parchment and quickly repress smoothing over it like an iron would, but quickly so not to over heat. Don’t forget your finished design can be matched by using any material cut using a cutting file, card, self adhesive vinyl or even HTV. We’d love to see your makes on our social media pages! Or email them in!
Silhouette Cut File
Before you start, you need to download the cut file, Upload the cut file into Silhouette Studio and resize as necessary, (when resizing bring all layers into the design software and select all at once to get the correct offset layers and save the adjusted file, so you can cut layers individually at that correct scale you have chosen) Remember to test cut if necessary and cut settings are found here along with test cut guidelines for every machine.
Brother Cut File
To import these files into the Brother Canvas Workspace:
After downloading, please log in as usual to your design space account, open a new project mat, then left click on the SVG icon in the top left bar in canvas, this will then allow you to import your files. Once you left click this icon, a pop up box appears with you to choose where to import file from, choose to import the file from your downloads list or where you have chosen to save when unzipped.
Cut settings are found here