Welcome to another tutorial blog! Weddings are finally coming back! We hope this file sparks some great creative ideas for you!
These designs can be used in a variety of ways, enlarge, use more of one , add to banners, glasses, gift bags, even novelty pillow cases for the wedding night. Cut them out of Self adhesive Premium Glitter vinyl as the below tutorial shows, add them to jars, lanterns, cups, flasks and even kids snack boxes to keep them quiet during the service!
Why not use HTV and create a T-shirt or Face mask instead? Add them to cards with HTV or self adhesive.
We would love to see what you make! Have you found our You Tube channel yet? The video showing this and all of our other tutorials are available on there, as well as exclusive demos, inspiration and more! Join us on Facebook , Instagram or Tiktok or send us an email to [email protected] we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll need:
- Cricut maker . Available here
- Premium Glitter Self adhesive Vinyl Available here
- LOW TACK Transfer tape. Available here
- LED weeding pad. Available here
- Squeegee. Available here
- Weeding tweezers . Or Weeding hook. Available here
- Balloon or item of your choice to apply it to.
- Cut files, links to create with your own image, are free below! Including Silhouette. Cricut and Brother instructions to follow at the end.
1. Before you start, you need to download the cut files for your machine above.
2. Upload each PNG into the design space. Click “Upload Image” on the left-hand Design Panel, and navigate to the files you want to open. Select ‘Insert image’ and select image type ‘simple’ when prompted. Next you’ll be asked to delete any space that does not get cut, you can skip this part by pressing ‘continue’. When asked if they’re print-then-cut images or just cut images, select cut images. Click save and do this for all cut files. When all have been uploaded, Insert all the images onto the canvas and resize to suit your project. When re-sizing for this I bring the design together as it will be on the project so I can then get the entire size in one box so I get the over all design size correct with no hassle.
3. Next you need to load your mat with material on. I used the Cut setting – Glitter Vinyl—- Cut setting –Glitter Vinyl, Pressure setting-Default. Please remember to test cut if you have not used this vinyl. Again proceed to make it. Remember to place your vinyl on the mat as shown rub with the squeegee to ensure it sticks to the mat, before you press the Cricut button on the machine to cut.
4. Proceed to trim the excess uncut areas away from the Premium Glitter Self Adhesive vinyl, before proceeding to weed all the unwanted vinyl surrounding material.
5. Take some of the Low tack Application tape, lay the design face up on the table Sticky side face up. Place the sticky side face down onto the design, then cut the excess away. Rub the back of the app tape with your squeegee as shown.
6. Peel the Vinyl backing back on it’s self to remove, rub hard with the squeegee any areas that have still not stuck to the application tape.
7. Cut out the different parts of the design as shown below, this makes application easier.
8. I always lay my design on the item back to front so the sticky side is face up, so I can see where I wish to apply it. Once I am happy I then proceed to turn it over applying one piece at a time, rub from the middle outwards to get it smoothly applied.
9. Once applied, peel the application tape off and adjust any parts manually that are not applied correctly. I use the back of my tweezers to lift so it doesn’t tear the vinyl, or burst the balloon. Rub any last pieces firmly t ensure it sits flat.
10. Repeat steps 8 and 9 for the remaining parts of the design.
Don’t forget your finished design can be matched by using any material cut using a cutting file, card, self adhesive vinyl or even HTV. We’d love to see your makes on our social media pages! Or email them in!
Silhouette Cut File (download above)
Before you start, you need to download the cut file, Upload the cut file into Silhouette Studio and resize as necessary, (when resizing bring all layers into the design software and select all at once to get the correct offset layers and save the adjusted file, so you can cut layers individually at the correct scale you have chosen) Remember to test cut if necessary and cut settings are found here along with test cut guidelines for every machine.
Brother Cut File
To import these files into the Brother Canvas Workspace:
After downloading, please log in as usual to your design space account, open a new project mat, then left click on the SVG icon in the top left bar in canvas, this will then allow you to import your files. Once you left click this icon, a pop up box appears with you to choose where to import file from, choose to import the file from your downloads list or where you have chosen to save when unzipped.
Cut settings are found here
Just incase you need the link CanvasWorkspace