Welcome to another weeks blog post! And of course a free cut file! This week to celebrate the end of a school year we thought we would bring you something to thank your teachers for a hard year, and this file can be used for a multitude of designs, not just teachers!
This file was used with our GM Brick 3d HTV , However (see picture above ) we also used it with our Self Adhesive Vinyl.
This file is ideal for any HTV and self adhesive applications and you could even use in in card making!
We would love to see what you make! Have you found our You Tube channel yet? The video showing this and all of our other tutorials are available on there, as well as exclusive demos, inspiration and more! Join us on Facebook , Instagram or Tiktok or send us an email to [email protected] we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll need:
- Cricut machine here
- Or Silhouette Cameo 4. Available here
- Cricut Easypress and Easypress Mat here
- GMCrafts LED Weeding light panel here
- GM Brick 3D HTV here
- Squeegee. Available here
- Weeding tweezers . Available here
- Scissors from your own stash and a tote bag, or plain t-shirt etc of your choice.
- Cut files, which are free below! Including, Cricut, Silhouette and Brother cut files
1. Before you start, you need to download the cut file above. Upload each PNG into the design space.
2. Insert all the images onto the canvas and resize to suit your project. Save the resized file back to the design space so you can choose each layer in the proportion you have chosen for that project, I colour each one separately so I can cut both in one go, as shown below. I have matched the colours to my chosen Vinyl to make cutting easier as this way then you can load each Vinyl on to the mat, cut it, and do the next one whilst still using the same make it screen. See below.
3. When resized, and you are happy with the size of the design, reposition the layer to be cut, select ‘make it’ in the top right corner of your screen. Click continue in the bottom right on the next screen. In the next window make sure your settings are all set to the successful settings from your test cut and ensure your machine is linked before proceeding to cut. Cut settings: (**please test cut) Press the flashing Cricut symbol on your maker to cut, after Loading the sheet into the machine. Apply the settings needed for your chosen Vinyl, we made it with our GM 3D BRICK HTV and used the Heavy Card Stock setting on the Cricut maker with less pressure.
**A reminder that these settings, including the blade setting, are specific to the materials and machine we’re using, adjustments may be necessary if using different materials and machine**
We always recommend before proceeding, you test cut your materials when first using so if you have not recently cut our Vinyl please test cut for your chosen machine found on our Application guide, and also Blog. Load the Vinyl chosen individually for each layer.
4. Place the Yellow Brick on the mat, remember to mirror the wording before you click the second make it screen. press the up arrow to load the mat, and press the flashing light to proceed to cut on the machine. Once cut repeat to cut with the Green and Tree design.
5. Remove The waste Vinyl surrounding the designs (weeding) I use a pair of weeding tweezers to do this as shown below.
6. Switch your Easy press on, and set the temperature to 150’c and the timer to 15 seconds, please refer to our Application guide,
7. Place the easy press Mat inside, and preheat the bag once the press is ready for 10 seconds to remove any moisture.
8. Lay the design already on the transfer tape in the correct place on your bag or chosen item, facing up, and ensure it is on a hard surface, or Cricut Easypress matt and on a hard surface, check our guide here for more information on applying and using HTV successfully. Press each area once only for 15-18 seconds firmly using your upper body weight over the press.
9. Once all areas have been pressed firmly, wait a few seconds to peel the carrier sheet away from the garment, if any areas have not stuck quickly repress firmly for 2-3 seconds on that area only, remove the carrier sheet.
10. Place the wording on next, and use baking paper to protect the rest of the design from damage, repeating step 8 and 9.
11. If after removing the sheet the bag or design is looking a bit untidy then recover with a sheet of baking parchment and quickly repress smoothing over it like an iron would, but quickly so not to over heat.
Don’t forget your finished design can be matched by using any material cut using a cutting file, card, self adhesive vinyl or even HTV. We’d love to see your makes on our social media pages! Or email them in!
Silhouette Cut File
Before you start, you need to download the cut file, Upload the cut file into Silhouette Studio and resize as necessary, (when resizing bring all layers into the design software and select all at once to get the correct offset layers and save the adjusted file, so you can cut layers individually at that correct scale you have chosen) Remember to test cut if necessary and cut settings are found here along with test cut guidelines for every machine.
Brother Cut File
To import these files into the Brother Canvas Workspace:
After downloading, please log in as usual to your design space account, open a new project mat, then left click on the SVG icon in the top left bar in canvas, this will then allow you to import your files. Once you left click this icon, a pop up box appears with you to choose where to import file from, choose to import the file from your downloads list or where you have chosen to save when unzipped.
Cut settings are found here
Just incase you need the link CanvasWorkspace (brother.com)